Costumed Interpreter Volunteer
Would you like to help us create an unforgettable experience for all our visitors?
You can support us by engaging visitors in activities and exhibitions, exploring the local heritage and history of Stockton-on-Tees.
Tasks: You will –
- Be willing to undertake our Volunteer Training.
- Be required to deliver relevant historical information in an engaging, accurate and entertaining manner.
- Be willing to wear appropriate historical costume
- Provide support for the security of our spaces and the safety of our visitors.
- Be courteous and welcoming to all visitors.
- Be well informed about all facilities, events and exhibitions taking place in the Museum and Park.
- Actively promote Museum and Park activities to enhance our visitor experience.
- Confidently answer queries and be the first point of contact for assistance for our visitors.
- Help increase our reputation as a major visitor attraction in the Tees Valley.
- You will be passionate about the heritage and history of Stockton-on-Tees.
- Have an existing knowledge or be willing to learn and develop an understanding of Victorian trades and occupations.
- Have experience of working in a public-facing environment.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have a friendly engaging personality.
- Flexible and be able to dedicate at least a half day of your time to support per month.
- Be able to work as part of a team and willing to work unsupervised when as required.
- Act in accordance with Stockton Borough Council Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and Safeguarding Policy.