Visitor Experience Volunteer
Would you like to help us create an unforgettable experience for all our visitors?
You can support us by engaging visitors in activities and exhibitions, exploring the local heritage and history of Stockton-on-Tees.
Tasks: You will –
- Work directly with our Collection making the history of our objects accessible to a wider audience.
- Provide support for the security of our spaces and the safety of our visitors.
- Be courteous and welcoming to all visitors.
- Be well-informed of all facilities, events and exhibitions taking place in the Museum and Park
- Actively promote Museum and Park activities to enhance our visitor experience.
- Confidently answer queries and be the first point of contact for assistance for our visitors.
- Help develop our reputation as a major visitor attraction in the Tees Valley.
Skills Required –
- You will be passionate about heritage and the history of Stockton-on-Tees.
- Have experience of working in public-facing environment.
- Possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have a friendly and engaging personality
- Be able to dedicate at least a half day of your time to support per two weeks.
- Be able to work as part of a team and willing to work unsupervised when required.
- Be able to act in accordance with Stockton Borough Council Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and Safeguarding Policy.