Park Ranger Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to work alongside our Park Rangers to create a welcoming, safe park which is thriving with wildlife and diversity for everybody to enjoy. There are a number of projects to get involved with, including:
- Conservation- removal of invasive species such as snowberry and replanting native species in its place. Creating wildflower meadows and nest box monitoring schemes.
- Site maintenance tasks – erecting fences, footpath repairs, coppicing woodlands.
- Event tasks – helping with the running of nature themed events and activities.
- Wildlife Surveys – Butterflies birds, wildflowers etc.
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors in a natural environment.
- Enjoy working alongside like-minded people.
- Confident welcoming visitors in the park.
- Practical skills to undertake site maintenance tasks are useful but not essential.
- Knowledge of wildlife us useful but not essential.
- You will be mostly working as part of a team.
- Work in accordance with Stockton Borough Council’s health and safety procedures.