Can you help Lizzie the maid get Preston Hall ready for Christmas?
This is a digital workshop designed for Key Stage 1 and 2, to be used by teachers in school.
Watch a series of videos featuring Lizzie the maid as she prepares for the big day at Preston Hall. This fun, festive workshop includes discussion topics and activities around Christmas traditions in the Victorian era. The workshop will:
- encourage the children to discuss the days that are important to them and their family
- talk about kindness and charity at Christmas time
- show you how you can make a traditional Victorian toy and decorate a tasty treat
- enjoy a traditional Victorian Christmas story read by Lizzie the maid
Upon booking this workshop, teachers will receive links to a private webpage, where they will be able to:
- view videos online, which will guide the children through their tasks. You will need access to YouTube in order to view these.
- download a Teachers Guidance Document, including a session plan and activity sheets.
Tees Valley schools – The cost includes the delivery of a box of materials for the workshop to your school.
As resources are limited, schools will be allocated a space on a first come, first served basis.
Suitable for: Key Stage 1 and 2
Available from: 7 December – 14 December
Price: £50 for the first class (up to 35 children) with an additional £10 per class after that to cover the cost of materials supplied.