Due to Covid-19, unfortunately we are unable to take any new volunteer applications at this time.
Would you like to help us create an unforgettable experience for all our visitors?
Do you have a passion for gardening? You could be the perfect person to volunteer here at Preston Park. You can support us by engaging visitors in activities and exhibitions related to gardening.
Tasks: You will –
- Be required to undertake our Volunteer Training.
- Work directly with our Head Gardener and Assistant Gardener.
- Share knowledge and garden activities with our visitors.
- Provide support for the security of our spaces and the safety of our visitors by ensuring tools are kept safe and walkways are clear for the public.
- Be courteous and welcoming to all visitors.
- Be well informed about all facilities, events and exhibitions taking place in the Museum and Park.
- Actively promote Museum and Park activities to enhance our visitor experience.
- Confidently answer queries and be the first point of contact for assistance for our visitors.
- Help increase our reputation as a major visitor attraction in the Tees Valley.
- You will be passionate about horticulture, heritage and the history of Stockton-on-Tees.
- Have experience of working in a public-facing environment.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have a friendly and engaging personality.
- Flexible and be able to dedicate at least a half day of your time to support per month.
- Be able to work as part of a team and willing to work unsupervised when required.
- Be able to act in accordance with Stockton Borough Council Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and Safeguarding Policy.