Would you like to help us create an unforgettable experience for all our visitors?
Get in Costume!
Join our volunteer team as a interpreter on our Victorian Street – you’ll get to dress-up, learn, socialise and have fun. Your support will involve engaging visitors in activities and exhibitions, exploring the local heritage and history of Stockton-on-Tees.
Due to Covid-19, unfortunately we are unable to take any new volunteer applications at this time.
Tasks: You will –
- Be willing to undertake our Volunteer Training
- Be required to deliver relevant historical information in an engaging, accurate and entertaining manner
- Be willing to wear appropriate historical costume
- Provide support for the security of our spaces and the safety of our visitors
- Be courteous and welcoming to all visitors
- Be well informed about all facilities, events and exhibitions taking place in the Museum and Park
- Actively promote Museum and Park activities to enhance our visitor experience
- Confidently answer queries and be the first point of contact for assistance for our visitors
- Help increase our reputation as a major visitor attraction in the Tees Valley
- You will be passionate about the heritage and history of Stockton-on-Tees
- Have an existing knowledge or be willing to learn and develop an understanding of Victorian trades and occupations
- Have experience of working in a public-facing environment
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have a friendly engaging personality
- Flexible and be able to dedicate at least a half day of your time to support per month
- Be able to work as part of a team and willing to work unsupervised when required
- Act in accordance with Stockton Borough Council Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and Safeguarding Policy